SEC Reporting Analyst
Location : North Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+ years of exp
Required Education : BS Degree is Accounting
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
Our client is well-known for their family friendly work environment. They have tenured employees that are welcoming and enjoy mentoring and growing their teams. This position is open due to an internal promotion. If you are looking for an organization that is constantly evaluating how they can improve their work environment/foster their company culture, than this is the place for you!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
- The SEC Reporting Analyst provides analytical support for SEC filings including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and the annual report on Form 10K and investor relations team regarding press releases / other
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares supporting documentation for SEC filings, including 10Q, 10K, etc.
- Reviews and validates financial information and metrics to be disclosed publicly.
- Assists in review of consolidated Financial Statements to be included with SEC filings
- Supports SEC team in reviewing for adequate disclosure through review of required disclosure check lists.
- Researches the impact of accounting proposals and pronouncements on the Company’s financial position and financial statements.
- Assists in Company’s preparation for compliance with S.404 of Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
- Assists in internal and external audits.
- Supports Investor Relations department in preparation for and responses to analyst inquiries, events and related activities.
- Liaises with senior management, external accountants and attorneys.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years job related experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years public accounting experience is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience in researching technical issued and making recommendations to management from that research.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
- Strong organizational, delegation, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are also required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.