Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
BS/BA in Accounting
Healthcare - Support Services
Job Description :
This Senior Staff Accountant position reports to the Accounting Manager and is an integral part of all aspects of the Corporate Finance monthly closing and reporting processes across multiple companies and divisions in a complex organizational structure.This role provides various financial information and assistance as needed across Premier’s enterprise units. The Senior Staff Accountant also performs special studies and develops recommended accounting methods and procedures. This role requires the development of timely and accurately routine and ad-hoc accounting and financial analysis.. This position requires the ability to perform data analysis and raise appropriate questions as data conclusions begin to emerge. This position requires strong business acumen and professionalism to interact with internal and external customers. This role must exercise independence in managing ad hoc projects while exercising good judgment about elevating questions or key issues to management for guidance.
The Senior Staff Accountant position is also responsible for creating journal entries,, reconciling balance sheet accounts, investigating/resolving reconciling items and making recommendations relative to accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures. This position requires an ability to balance the demands of multiple deadlines and projects and to adjust priorities and workflow to meet changes or new business initiatives while still achieving recurring demanding deadlines. This key role requires preparation of year-end audit work papers, significant involvement with internal and external auditors, and attendance/active participation in regular and ad-hoc Corporate Finance group meetings, including software application upgrade and process improvement initiatives. Additionally, this position requires the review of certain journal entries and reconciliations by staff accountants.
Major Accountabilities include:
- Perform month-end closing processes including journal entries, account research and reconciliations and other supporting schedules to meet assigned deadlines
- Assist with the monthly financial reporting process, ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Support, research and resolve financial inquiries from internal and external customers
- Participate in year-end audit assistance, process improvement initiatives, staff training assistance, department meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications :
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) required in Accounting or related financial discipline
- 3 or more years of applicable experience. Department Knowledge and experience of the month-end close cycle.
- Previous experience with financial accounting reporting and analytical projects.
- Previous experience in preparing and posting standard, non-standard and adjusting journal entries.
- Previous experience in preparing supporting schedules and account reconciliations on balance sheet and income statement line items.
- Extensive experience in dealing with internal and external customers in providing excellent customer service
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred