Our client is a global company headquartered in South Charlotte. Due to recent growth, they need to add a Senior Accountant to focus on reconciliation, GL, and other general accounting responsibilities. This company is well-known for their employee retention and employee satisfaction.
The Senior Accountant evaluates complex transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information. Responsible for the completion of complex balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. Identifies process problems and proposes improvements or course of action. Research US GAAP. Leads projects, developing project leadership skills.
- Month/Quarter-end close: calculate, review and process journal entries and balance sheet/account reconciliation.
- Reconciliations & Analysis – complete complex reconciliations and income statement analysis
- Evaluate transactions and record to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Perform financial analysis of actual results against budget/forecast and have an understanding of the market conditions to ensure financial statements are reported in accordance to GAAP.
- Special Project assignments - Support and or participate on special projects. Leads projects of low complexity, developing project leadership skills.
- Reporting - Responsible for producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reporting on general subject matter and or business area
- Process Improvement – Demonstrate an understanding of various accounting processes and identify root causes and areas for improvement
- Research technical accounting issues and be able to work with management on solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience
- Strong Excel experience
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred