SUMMARY: We are partnering with a large manufacturing client that has recently relocated their corporate HQ to Charlotte, NC. With the HQ here in Charlotte there will be plenty of opportunities to step up and lead. The position will be groomed for future growth.
- Broad-based senior accountant role with exposure to a wide range of responsibilities including monthly consolidation, monthly corporate accounting and reporting, financial analysis, technical accounting issues and internal controls
- Responsible for various aspects of corporate accounting including inter-company allocations, support of the consolidation process, the preparation and/or review of journal entries and account reconciliations and preparation of financial statements, including statement of cash flows,
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, as well as quarterly and annual debt compliance requirements
- Interface with Financial Planning and Analysis team to assist in providing analysis to management on monthly financial results
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of monthly Hyperion data
- Establish and maintain comprehensive internal controls compliance program, including design, implementation, testing, and assessment that will meet SOX 404 requirements
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external audit teams to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Participate in the annual budget process, including balance sheet planning
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of accounting and financial reporting processes/systems
- Assist in integration activities associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Assist in the implementing and maintaining of multiple corporate initiatives with direct exposure and reporting to senior management
- Latitude to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting and finance areas
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a corporate accounting role at a manufacturing company and/or experience with a public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Well rounded experience in Corporate Accounting including a deep understanding of financial reporting (US GAAP) and internal controls.