The Senior Accountant will provide support to the Controller and Accounting Department with a variety of general accounting duties as needed and directed. Primary responsibilities include providing management with financial information by reconciling, researching and analyzing accounts. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by verifying data before entering transactions. This position is in an active and productive office environment.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations, analyze account information and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the month end close process and monitor the department’s progress in completing tasks.
- Support the department with daily reconciliation processes and reporting to management.
- Assist with the external reporting to local, state, regulatory and government agencies.
- Prepare internal monthly financial reports for management.
- Work with the Controller during the external audit by providing information to the auditors.
- Provide information to the preparer of the tax returns.
- Keep organization's financial information confidential.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Controller in a timely manner.
- Other duties which may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Must have experience in the Mortgage industry
- Encompass and AMB software experience is a plus
- 3-5 years of either public or private accounting experience
- Must have strong competency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have great communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels