The Corporate Senior Accountant is responsible for performing the monthly close procedures for Corporate while ensuring proper accounting treatment and key controls are effectively maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP). The role engages in financial analysis through recording, reconciliation, asset tracking and operational performance analysis for the Corporate division. The Corporate Senior Accountant reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
- Perform monthly close procedures for the Corporate entity and prepare reporting for consolidation including P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows.
- Support internal and external reporting in the preparation of periodic, quarterly and annual reports
- Accounting for corporate areas as assigned, including compensation and benefits, debt and equity transactions, leases, fixed assets
- Work directly with external and internal audit to communicate and explain the Corporate functions and respond to questions and/or concerns
- Analysis of corporate results, including variance analysis, explaining key drivers / trends in results, etc.
- Assists with project assignments and financial reporting as well as providing support to shared services with regards to all Inter-company related functions
- Performs asset tracking and reconciliations
- Assign GL codes and ensure journal entries are updated into ERP system
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to optimize the financial close process. These projects include information systems improvements as well as creating efficiencies with manual processes.
- Participation in budgeting and forecasting corporate areas.
- Work on specialized projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-8 years’ experience accounting, with a strong background in corporate accounting
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements