Location : Charlotte
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-15
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Calculate and post journal entries as required, and analyze monthly ledger activity in the preparation of account reconciliations.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by accounting staff.
- Actively participate in the preparation and analysis of financial reports and provide support to the financial reporting and FP&A groups, including actual and budget variance analysis.
- Assist team members in resolving close related issues as they arise, and escalate issues as required to management.
- Provide accounting support resolution directly to business units
- Provide training and mentoring for less experienced staff, and assist the accounting manager with staff workflow and development.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review interim and year end audit documentation as requested, and provide various analysis and explanations for account balances and transactions.
- Monitor transactional compliance with GAAP as well as company policy and procedures.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed, including financial analysis and technical accounting research.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications :
- 4 year degree required, advanced degree preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 5 or more years of accounting related experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- SOX experience preferred.
- Must possess and in-depth working knowledge of GAAP, month end close processes, general and operational accounting, budgeting and forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Proficient with ERP systems