Senior Finance Manager
High Growth CPG organization HQ'd here in Charlotte! As the Senior Finance Manager, you will develop and deliver standard business practices for assessing the strategic and commercial rational of new initiatives, new product launches, and will keep track of performance, and drive continuous improvement.
- You will actively participate in Monthly Business Planning Meetings (forecast creation), to develop financial forecasts (monthly) as well as risks and opportunities to the forecast, to provide an accurate and timely outlook on business performance.
- You will champion the creation of the Integrated Commercial Planning (budget creation) as an extension of the forecast process, to help facilitate the creation of business targets, and plans to achieve such targets.
- You will participate as the finance lead on innovation projects for the Puree Segment and prepare business cases for these projects.
- Support the development of Market Business Strategies (long term strategic plans), including financial roll-ups of these strategies, to ensure proper resource allocations and factory/co-man capacities, including capital requirements.
- The successful individual will have a strong finance or accounting background, superior communication and people skills, ability to learn quickly, a solid understanding of CPG and the ability to deliver high performance work both within a team and independently.
- You will review monthly performance and identify areas of risk to achievement of targets and forecasts and develop/follow up action plans; compile commentary on monthly performance to senior management.
- Provide daily finance support for the Senior Marketing Managers
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative leadership.
- Experience and the ability to develop a business case and prove ROI.
- Resourceful and inventive; able to get highest return on investments, based on great judgement and smart resource-planning. Hungry to realize the biggest business impact with modest investments.
- Knowledge of managerial accounting/reporting and cost accounting concepts (e.g., fixed and variable costs, cost allocation, contribution margins, etc.).
- Ability to use advanced spreadsheet functions (e.g., financial functions, pivot tables, value lookups, macros, integration with other common software, etc.)
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Strategic, analytic and commercial thinker, with business acumen
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority; experienced in stakeholder management
- Flexible attitude and excellent communication skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex financial analysis, in a clear, concise, and compelling manner