Senior Financial Analyst
US Headquarters of a Fortune 500 global services organization with operations in over 50 countries worldwide. Recognized as one of the world’s 50 most innovative companies, they have a culture that values new ideas and improving processes. They have a beautiful HQ facility in Charlotte, offer competitive salary and have some of the best benefits in the city.
- Provides direction to functional counterparts in operating units as required, and to operating and senior management on matters involving cost determination problems, or issues such as inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, treatment of joint costs.
- Conducts special studies and analyses such as determination of work-in-house, or subcontract and cost impact of proposed facilities or processes.
- Identifies and investigates issues related to assigned projects, determines scope, and selects approach from the accepted methodology or recommended alternatives.
- Defines assumptions for the quantification and analysis of investments, acquisitions, or divestitures.
- Participates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate.
- Prepares and presents interpretation of findings and submits for review.
- May participate in the development and implementation of consequent financial strategies or tactics.
- May supervise and train less experienced analysts.
- Prepares long-term profit/loss forecasts to facilitate management review of capital appropriations, expansion strategies, product line changes, etc.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations for pricing practices, and reviews significant pricing decisions for economic soundness.
- Leads special projects such as the economic evaluation of divestitures or acquisitions, financial effectiveness of internal operations, and product/profit performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills