Senior Financial Analyst
Location : South Charlotte,NC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- This position serves as key financial analyst in support of the Business Segment VP of Sales
- The primary focus of the role is to report and analyze sales to enable the sales and product management teams to understand sales performance, sales trends and forward looking sales projections
- High quality sales analytics will be performed by market segment, end use market (product application), customer (group), and product line based on volume, revenue, price, mix, margin
- The position will be required to develop and implement sales databases and analytical reports and tools to consolidate, report, and analyze sales and sales margin performance in a manner that enables sales and product management to easily understand performance and trends and to facilitate recommendations to improve results.
- Sales database and reporting requirements will be developed with critical input from key Business segment stakeholders – Sales Management, Finance Management as well as Commercial resources – and will be supported by Information Technology resources.
- At a minimum, the following analytical reports and tools will be developed, implemented, analyzed and interpreted:
- Historical sales trend analyses (prior months / quarters / years) by market segment, end use market, customer, and product lines for sales volumes, revenues, prices and product margins.
- Sales forecast projections by market segment, end use market, customer, and product line for sales volumes, revenues, prices and product margins by coordinating and working with regional sales account managers. Importantly, these forecast projections will be used as baseline input to the monthly financial forecast process as well as the monthly Sales, Operations and Inventory Planning (S&OP) process. Also, the same information will be prepared during the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process.
- Sales performance analytics will be prepared and analyzed versus prior month / quarter / year and versus the AOP and current year forecasts.
- Sales and product margin analytics (bridges) that accurately describe the impact of volume, price, mix and foreign exchange impact on revenues and product margin.
- This position will have primary responsibility to work with Regional Sales and Regional Product Management to coordinate and analyze sales projections (volumes, prices) used in the yearly AOP and Strategic Planning (STRAP) processes.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring customer rebate programs and agent commissions liabilities are properly recorded in the financial statements (in coordination with regional accounting resources), and will continuously monitor sales volume and revenue performance to ensure customer rebate accruals are properly maintained.
- This position will be the primary interface on new business price quotes and projected margin analysis; responsibilities include preparing reports and analytics for new customer sales contract proposals including volume, revenue and product margin potential to support product management and sales management decision-making. Also ensure customer sales contracts are approved consistent with authority levels outlined in the Schedule of Executive Approvals.
- Provide decision-making support to Business teams on new product developments by preparing financial analytics to assess profitability, return on investment and net present value estimates.
- Prepare various other reports and analytics for sales management and financial management on an as needed basis.
Required Qualifications :
- Education: Equivalent of Undergraduate Bachelors Degree in finance or accounting, preference for equivalent of Masters of Business Administration.
- Experience: 5 – 7 years of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in manufacturing companies, previous experience performing sales analysis strongly preferred.