Senior Internal Auditor
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXD
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
Performs financial (including Sarbanes-Oxley testing), operational, contract, compliance, and special investigation audits for various business units, to evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, and control structure of operations with minimal guidance. Develops audit assignment objectives and scope, and creates a detailed audit program. Provides clear and actionable recommendations to client management. As necessary, performs follow-up on assigned audit report recommendations to ensure that clients have completed agreed upon responsive action. Performs work on annual department goals.
- With minimal guidance from Audit management or Audit Consultants, perform internal audits – including operational (including contract and compliance), financial (including key financial reporting controls under Sarbanes-Oxley requirements), and special investigations. As necessary, provide leadership role for multi-person assignments. Perform audits within hours and dates agreed upon in project management plan.
- Oversee the evaluation of the Company’s internal controls (including financial reporting controls relied upon for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance). Coordinate with business areas on documentation of processes and controls. Assess effectiveness of control design and operation. Assist business areas in improving controls.
- Provide consultative services to business areas upon request. Develop and maintain relationships with audit client contacts in business areas. Develop understanding of business area risks, processes, and controls. Provide consultative advice and recommendations to business areas to improve processes and controls, and to address risks.
- Create audit workpapers that comply with department and IIA standards for content and quality. Provide clear and actionable recommendations to client management in verbal and/or written format. As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report recommendations to ensure that clients have completed agreed upon responsive action.
- Develop audit assignment objectives and scope, and create detailed audit programs. Assist in the assessment of risks.
- Serve as a technical resource for others in the areas of: operations and regulatory concepts; internal control concepts; auditing concepts and principles.
- Perform work each year on assigned department goals and participate on special projects underway by the department and/or the Company. Assist in identifying departmental process improvements and industry best practices that could provide additional benefits to the department. Provide guidance to internal auditors regarding department and company policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, or related field required.
- Must possess a CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) credential.
- Minimum of four years of relevant business experience - preferably in accounting or auditing.
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control experience desirable.
- Must have understanding of internal control concepts and their practical application.
- Must have understanding of auditing concepts and principles, and how to apply them.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills