Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor (2 positions)
Performs complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting operational, financial, IT and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing key input to development of the annual audit plan. Other projects will include, but not be limited to, M&A due diligence, fraud investigations, pre and post-IT installation reviews. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The Senior Internal Auditor reports to the Manager, Internal Audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5+ years’ relevant experience
- Able and willing to travel extensively, domestically and internationally
- MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Public accounting and auditing experience or internal audit experience at a publicly traded corporation preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish or Mandarin)