Senior Internal Auditor
Our client has built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work improving people’s lives. That’s their culture. That’s their commitment. And when you join their team, it’s an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. Our customer believes you deserve more, something big enough to build a future, big enough to change the world.
They are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to be based in Charlotte, NC.
- Participate in all phases of the Company's existing Sarbanes Oxley 404 efforts in conjunction with Corporate Audit. This includes, but is not limited to, program scoping and planning processes; scheduling, planning, and oversight of audits; execution of testing, presenting results, providing remediation recommendations to management, and evaluating the financial reporting impact of aggregated control deficiencies based on knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. IFRS, GAAP);
- Conduct financial, IT, operational, compliance and strategic audits, including planning, scheduling, execution and oversight of testing, summarization of results, report preparation, presentation of results to management and follow-up with management on effective and timely remediation;
- Analyze data to understand trends and risk patterns and recommend adjustments to the audit/SOX processes based on results of analytics;
- Oversee third party co-sourced audit partner and audit team members working on audit engagements;
- Identify SOX impact of changes in the control environment due to changes in regulations, internal company policies, system enhancements or implementations, company reorganizations and make determinations for changes to existing controls or adding new controls when necessary.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to coordinate audit timing, remediation, re-testing, and reporting.
- Manage special projects as designated by the Audit Director or Executive Management. This may include, but is not limited to, process or control redesign, fraud analysis, consultation on system implementation, investigation of potential non-compliance, etc;
- Participate in the annual global controls evaluation plan for SOX compliance in conjunction with Corporate Audit
- Influence and advise Management on risk and controls issues;
- Develop staff and interns through monitoring audit activity and providing regular and ongoing guidance/feedback;
- Evaluate training needs of staff and interns and coordinate training activities;
- Actively seek opportunities to develop new audit processes or implement improvements to existing audit processes to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Company’s audit department;
- Measure and report on KPIs.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, internal audit, or Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audits
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance; Masters is a plus
- CPA or CIA certification preferred;
- Ability to conceptualize both problems and solutions;
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels internally and externally;
- Data driven, strategic thinker;
- Exposure to SAP or other large ERP financial systems a plus; and
- Big 4 experience a plus.