Senior Operations Specialist
The Sr. Ops Specialist role will provide quality service and partner with all business units to process change of representative assignments on all internal account types and direct business accounts. This role will also serve as a key resource to the staff and management within the department, acting as a SME on all subjects and systems relevant to the department. The Sr. Ops Specialist will serve as first point of contact for escalated items and will work with a variety of service teams to resolve matters promptly. The Sr Ops Specialist will also support productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives within the business unit on a constant basis.
- This role will take a leadership role in escalation management and fulfillment. The Sr. Specialist will actively work to prevent escalations, and in instances where an escalation does occur, the individual will assume a leadership role, managing the problem to completion with accuracy and efficiency as top priorities.
- Process Improvement - Work with staff and management to identify new ways to process business that seek to increase department efficiencies and reduce wasteful activities in order to enhance the value we provide to our customers. This includes reviewing, analyzing, and streamlining processes from the ground up across multiple departments. In order to succeed, out of the box thinking and a willingness to challenge existing processes is a must.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties such as Service Center Representatives, Business Consultants, IS Channel Institution, Annuity Carriers and Mutual Fund Sponsors to update assignments on outside books of business in a timely manner.
- Review, validate, and process advisor, client, and Institution driven rep change requests. Proactively resolve processing issues and ability to communicate resolutions to peers and management.
- Bachelor's Degree/Preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the Financial Industry/Preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to partner with clients, other firms, service team, offshore partners and various business units within the company.
- Ability to identify processing gaps and provide solutions to resolve.
- Exhibits accuracy and thoroughness in performing job functions.
- Ability to adapt to change well and be results driven with a positive demeanor.
- Attention to detail, problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently or within a team setting.