Senior Property Accountant
SUMMARY: One of the premier real estate companies in the region is looking for a leader in their Senior Property Accounting role. This firm provides clients with a national platform of full service corporate real estate services focused on commercial brokerage, construction services, development, property management, tenant representation and corporate real estate services. They have a sense of pride in cultivating a sense of trust in the communities they serve and the individual transactions they service. It is known in the city as a great place to work and offers a good work/life balance.
- Reports accurately and timely, the financial records of the assigned portfolio, including budgets and forecasts.
- Exhibits excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of professionalism.
- Works closely with the property managers to ensure consistency and promote effectiveness in operations reporting.
- Prepares monthly reporting packages for institutional owners and management with input from property management.
- Prepares accurate and timely reporting as required by debt covenants. Maintains a calendar of all debt covenant reporting deadlines for assigned properties.
- Records tax basis entries as needed for year-end and prepares tax and applicable audit work papers.
- Ensures delinquency reports are correct and contacts property management about serious delinquencies.
- Understands lease terminology and works closely with Lease Administrators.
- Monitors cash and ensures that critical payments are made timely.
- Participates in budget preparation by providing information and analysis to property managers and reviews budgets for accuracy.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Tracks tenant upfit allowances.
- Maintains fixed asset listings and depreciation using Sage FAS software.
- Analyzes data from several sources and provides accurate and complete answers for owners.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Must have GAAP experience.
- A four-year accounting degree.
- Understanding of operating expense reconciliations.
- CPA preferred