The Sourcing Engineer will work to support the divisions short and long-term initiatives, ensure new product development is competitive, and raise the bar of the US supplier base to a world class level. The Sourcing Engineer will also effectively communicate with Suppliers, Engineering, and Operations to formalize a successful strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate, lead Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VA/VE) processes to achieve Division’s sourcing saving objectives.
- Identify, lead and track cost savings opportunities in support of cost savings target
- Manage sourcing activity coordination and processes for sourcing duties relating to new product development including leading or participating in supplier selection, capability assessment, quality improvement, and supplier readiness.
- Map the supplier base risk management and opportunities
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain best agreement possible with regards to quantities, delivery, quality, price, terms & conditions, etc
- Lead the development and maintenance of supplier management process; supplier selection, scorecards and supplier evaluation
- Helps develop purchasing plans and programs to be implemented in accordance with corporate policies and objectives
- Review of supplier capacity studies and tool tracking sheet
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers’ capabilities; recommend and implement changes in supply base and work on supply base consolidation
- Maintain Approved Supplier List for each commodity
- Create and maintain supplier and purchasing files
- Prepare Repetitive purchasing forms for all new parts and cost adjustments for existing parts
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Technology required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years professional experience in procurement, project management, supply chain management.
- Good understanding of the commodity market trends like raw material prices.
- Must be proactive in work assignments and thrive successfully in a fast paced, ever changing work environment