Sr. Chemical Process Engineer
Large Global Chemical Manufacturer is seeking a Sr. Chemical Processing Engineer to join the global Innovation/R&D team. The Sr. Chemical Processing Engineer will play a critical role in delivering differentiated polymers by leveraging polymer processing fundamentals to exceed customer processing and applications requirements.
Responsibilities / Job Requirements:
- Use polymer processing fundamentals to benefit unique resin designs.
- Ensure efficient experimental approaches and analysis with simulation & modeling tools to accelerate learning.
- Engage in annual R&D capital planning & implementation to ensure that the most effective assets are identified to meet objectives.
- Manages maintenance of R&D equipment.
- Remain up to date with latest polymer processing technology trends.
- Capture IP opportunities to maintain competitive advantage.
- Data capture through effective documentation, reports, summaries, and presentations.
- Follow all guidelines of Corporate and Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies by consistently performing high quality work while minimizing waste generation.
- Masters in Chemical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, or similar technical focus. Ph.D. highly desirable.
- Credible Design for Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experiences. Black Belt Certification highly desirable.
- Proficient in statistical tools, modeling and simulation.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of polymer processing fundamentals, methods and equipment.
- Experience managing and maintaining complex R&D polymer processing assets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective working across functions and geographies.
- Experience identifying and protecting innovations via strategic IP filings and Trade Secrets.
- Ability to effectively manage work and work schedules to support overall program objective.
- Ability & willingness to travel (upwards of 20%)