Sr. E&I Engineer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NAS_EI
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Provide design of systems and equipment associated with the design and construction of plants and new technology initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform designs and systems analyses through calculations basic to E/I Engineering.
- Sketch conceptual design, transferring ideas to the designers for development of E/I drawings.
- Coordinate the E/I design effort by acting as a Lead E/I Engineer for a particular project by: (a) directing the efforts of assigned engineers and designers for the E/I system design requirements; (b) checking drawings, calculations, sketches, etc. for the project; (c) developing specifications/requisitions for support of purchasing effort; (d) reviewing and approving purchasing quotations, vendor drawings, and QA documents.
- Support purchasing technically with review of vendor submittals and on-site inspections of equipment.
- Provide direction and technical support for engineers and designers.
- Analyze equipment for current technology.
- Check drawings and drafting for adherence to designs.
- Review designs and assist Senior Engineers and Management by making suggestions to improve an existing or proposed design relative to its function.
- Travel to job sites to analyze equipment, collect data and information, interact with plant personnel and gain experience valuable to design considerations (i.e., operating conditions, temperature considerations, etc.).
- Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions.
- Write Technical Specifications for the equipment design, fabrication, procurement, etc.
- Work as a "team player" with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical/lnstrumentation Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of ten years hands-on design experience in a technical environment, preferably related to the metal industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with personal computer hardware/software. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally for long continuous periods of time.
- Ability to move around a project site, including climbing structures.
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines.