Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Mike Lewandowski
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
This privately held company was founded over 60 years ago and is a leading industrial manufacturer with a commitment to offer unsurpassed product quality.
SR. MANUFACTURING ENGINEER SUMMARY:
- Collaborates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Resolves complex manufacturing process issues.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive positive change in the plant
- Leads special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Look at process improvement to increase productivity on the shop floor.
- Determines the most cost-effective integrated fabrication and inspection method to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for quality liaison with customers; has specific knowledge of all customer quality requirements and specifications and is ultimately responsible for delivered quality of assigned products.
- Resolves implementation and process problems and responds quickly to liaison requests related to manufacturing.
- Maintains close working relationships with all departments and individuals involved on assigned projects, and coordinates with customer representatives as necessary.
Required Qualifications :
- 4 years bachelors’ degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in high-volume production
- Prior experience in leading and providing technical leadership.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools required