Sr. Mechanical Project Engineer
This individual shall serve as Engineering Lead on assigned projects, directly responsible identifying project needs and performing selections to meet requirements, develop systems diagrams, equipment schedules, and bill of materials, design drawings and project coordination when working with multi-discipline teams. This individual shall work with project management to implement the projects requirements to ensure a complete and functional solution is attained. The individual will be responsible for developing solutions and troubleshooting gaps in design whether internal or external to our organization. This individual shall also be able to seal drawings for use by customer(s) during permitting when the project requires.
· Identify the technical scope of the projects assigned, including major equipment, mechanical, controls and electrical components.
· Develop systems diagrams (P&ID) for air distribution, piping, and Plumbing systems as needed.
· Size equipment and components for Custom Air Handling Units (AHU), Central Utility Plants (CUP) and other Mechanical System Components as required.
· Develop full submittal package for approval by client/project team
· Review and compare selections with project requirements to ensure that all items are addressed throughout the design process.
· Ensure that customers technical requirements are met and offer cost saving alternatives when available.
· Resolve fabrication, vendor and site issues as needed.
· Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team in developing engineered products or deliverables.
· Assist in development of sequence of operation, maintenance and operation procedures, and installation procedures.
· Guide the layout & coordination of systems within multiple disciplines.
· Provide updates and guidance to project management on engineering status and deliverables.
· Any other responsibility as assigned by management, based on ability and training.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited four-year engineering program.
· EIT, and ability to obtain Professional Engineer License (PE)
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office and operating web based applications.
· Experience with simulation software, such as HAPS or TRACE.
· Proficient in specification and technical writing.
· Minimum of 6 years of engineering experience.
· Working knowledge of local and international codes.
· Working knowledge of ASME Codes and ASHRAE Standards, specifically, B31.1, B31.9, ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 15, ASRAE 62
· Knowledge of drafting practices and Level or Design (LOD) standards
· Knowledge of CAD and ability to design in a 3D workspace to produce high quality plans, sections and details describing project needs.
· Ability to interface with customers of varying backgrounds and levels of expertise.
· Have good time management skills.
· Active member of ASHRAE or ASME.
· 10 years of experience
· PE License
· Electrical, controls and instrumentation knowledge and experience.
· Experience with estimating and bid tabulation.
· Experience with stress analysis, calculations and pressure vessel design.