Sr. Process Engineer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NAS_PE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in accordance with the Company Code of Ethics and ISO requirements.
• Implement safety procedures and adhere to a “Work Safe” policy.
• Understand, maintain, and improve the existing suite of proprietary calculation tools.
• The engineer will specify the required calculations and validate the outputs. The coding will be completed by a computer programmer if necessary.
• Assist in the analysis and development of P&ID's, new flowsheets, and equipment designs.
• Develop gas, water, and solids mass and energy balances.
• Perform and document process calculations.
• Develop duty specifications for equipment.
• Work as a "team player" with all Technical Center employees / contract workers. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions, which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
• Participate in plant start-ups and plant troubleshooting.
• Assist with proposal preparation when needed.
• Travel as needed to carry out departmental tasks and functions, including field assignments.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum four-year college degree in chemical, metallurgical, materials, or mechanical engineering discipline.
- Experience programming in computer / computational modeling of reactive processes and validation of the calculation.
- Strong understanding of iterative solution techniques, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and reaction kinetics.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills. Ability to interface with client personnel at all levels.
- Should possess good analytical thinking and/or technical skills.
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer modeling and higher level code development.