Sr Product Manager
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
TalentBridge is partnered with one of Charlotte's premier manufacturing organizations in search for their next Sr Product Manager. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on their next Sr Product Manager. The product manager manages existing products and new product development by working closely with operations, sales, marketing, and engineering to set strategy & direction for the business line.
Summary of the Product Manager
- Manages the entire product life cycle
- Drive revenue growth through product life cycle management
- Plan, lead, and manage the process of introducing new products to the market
- Own the vision as the market continues to evolve and make necessary adjustments based upon market changes, technology implications, customer needs, and competitive position.
- Works with category strategy teams to develop sales forecasts for annual plans and new product introductions accurately and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics for the product lines making any necessary adjustments to meet goals and objectives.
- Works with Pricing teams to develop and implement appropriate and effective global pricing strategies.
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of competitor’s products and strategies via competitive data gathering and capture. Creates effective gap analysis summaries.
- Stays current on market direction and drivers through a variety of means including direct interactions with customers, outside suppliers, partners, and industry contacts.
- Ensures all the necessary product and technical information and content for the introduction of new products.
- Partners with Sales team to prepare customer facing team(s) on product line(s)..
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or a related field and three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience in product management required
- Demonstrated product management and product marketing experience.
- Industrial grade products experience such as valves, piping, and/or flow control
- Basic knowledge of continuous improvement techniques, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of sales, business, finance and management principles.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision, and supervise, train and coach subordinate personnel.
- Travel: 50%