Supply Chain - Buyer
Our client, a well-established and growing manufacturing company, is seeking and immediate need for a Buyer that will be responsible for selecting, developing and evaluating vendors/suppliers on the based on price, quality, logistics, capacity and performance; negotiating prices and terms with suppliers; and actively looking for ways to reduce costs while securing the best parts and services for the assembly of our products.
- Strategic purchasing of assigned commodities and coordinate with supply chain or quality primarily of these commodities, including supplier performance evaluation, value analysis, and serving as a primary liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze product specifications and inventory needs in order to develop supply strategies for materials and achieve optimal costs, quality standards, and efficiency, logistics, and delivery schedules.
- Procure parts and components for production needs in accordance with the forecast and production plan, or related to the new product development projects.
- Develop suppliers to meet standards and according evolving requirements like safety, environment and the Business Code of Practice and purchasing terms
- Develop strong network of vendors who can deliver zero defect parts and components at competitive prices and ensure that such parts and components comply with product engineering and product specifications.
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers using procedures and standards to determine the supplier’s financial stability, technical capabilities, quality, logistics performance, and cost structure.
- Achieve targets in the area of yearly reduction of total cost.
- Consult with existing and possible new suppliers to offer suggestions on improvements regarding total cost to the internal stakeholder
- Negotiate prices and terms with vendors and when appropriate sign a supply agreement to cover mutual interests.
- 5 years purchasing experience, preferably in a heavy equipment parts’ environment.
- Thorough understanding of all purchasing documents and processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office software.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills