Location : Monroe, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : RW-SA
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : Minimum 5 years' experience
Required Education : Bachelors preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Information Technology
Job Description :
• Responsible for day to day hands-on operations of all Windows server systems technologies.
• Duties include installation, management, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting of the O/S and virtualized server environments. Additionally candidate will be responsible for backup and restore operations as needed and will collaborate with the Applications, Database, Network and other support teams as required. Will be involved in server/storage capacity management and reporting as well as disaster recovery operations activities.
• Providing a solid understanding both technically and functionally of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Office365, and Group Policy in a Windows Server environment
• Hands-on VMware administration including virtual server management, template building, monitoring and design. Must be familiar with VMware VSphere/VCenter 5.x & 6.x environments, and SAN technologies
• Utilizing network/data center monitoring tools to analyze network, server, and storage devices, maintain up-time, generate usage reports, and spot trends. Escalate issues with broader implications for entire environment to the Technical Director.
• Creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams (Visio) as needed when assets are added, updated, or removed.
• Connectivity troubleshooting for desktops, servers, and basic network issues
• Installs and tests necessary software and hardware. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds and work will occasionally require after hours and weekend work
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, system log files, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English using proper grammar and spelling.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
• Hands-on Windows Server Administration (2008, 2012, 2016)
• Hands-on VMWare VSphere 5.x, 6.x
• Enterprise Anti-virus Deployment (McAfee, Symantec, Windows)
• Strong working knowledge of: Nutanix HCI & Citrix environments
• Micrsoft Active Directory and Global Policy Management