Location : Charlotte
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-5
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
Excellent career opportunity for a Tax professional with 3+ years of experience to join our tax department offering; a team environment, long-term growth potential, and exciting tax challenges..
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients in accordance with Client Service Standards
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- 1+ year(s) of progressively responsible public accounting experience with a large local, regional, or national public accounting firm.
- Senior tax professional with a minimum of 1 year(s) of demonstrated success in solving complex tax problems for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, income tax provisions, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to communicate complex financial matters to non-financial personnel.
- Display advanced knowledge of tax related matters on client assignments.