Technical Manufacturing Inside Sales Representative
Responsible for providing effective technical customer service for all internal and external customers and performing inside sales activities by utilizing in depth knowledge of company products and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist customers with product selection and technical specifications, determines charges for services requested, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Successfully interprets specifications and reads blueprints.
- Answers and manages incoming phone calls, including checking and responding to voice messages.
- Monitors and responds to electronic messaging (Outlook) in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Issue Return Material Authorization numbers for returned products, prepare reports, and provide customers with quotations, bid on contract proposals.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of current and prospective customers while building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Responsible for completion of short and long term special projects as assigned. On occasion, may be assigned as project leader for short and long term projects.
- Exchanges customer needs information in a timely fashion with necessary departments.
- Must have technical aptitude to learn and discuss product specifications.
- Ability to work independently toward achieving goals is required. A strong commitment to quality and accuracy is essential.
- Must possess strong organization skills and be able to self prioritize to meet the demands of multiple projects and schedules.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to internal and external customers for proper flow of information to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions/calculations.
- Must have computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent telephone skills.