Technical Product Support Representative
Technical Product Support Representative
Technical Product Support Representative will provide detailed advice and problem resolution to end-users (Customers) by utilizing a series of diagnostic questions while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Solutions include, but are not limited to, proper application and use of products, troubleshooting possible product misuse by Customer, providing replacement or sample product, acquiring additional technical support for Customer (if required) and Customer follow-up. Support will be provided by clearly communicating solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Representatives will perform related work as required.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Personally and immediately respond to Customer phone, internet and email inquiries in a timely manner, with expectations of less than 24-hour turnaround for follow-up;
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products, issues and services;
- Specifically, must interact with Manufacturing/Quality personnel in Pineville, LA as well as Marketing and Research & Development personnel in Eugene, OR to facilitate knowledge acquisition and problem resolution.
- Must be able to infrequently travel to Pineville, LA to become familiar with plant capabilities and to learn about product manufacturing and use;
- Gather Customer’s information and determine effective resolution by evaluating and analyzing the specific challenges presented;
- Research required information using all available resources;
- Follow standard processes and procedures;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Customer’s specifications;
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource(s) when needed;
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining Customers’ business;
- Assemble and organize facts and communicate messages appropriate to listeners and situations;
- Follow-up and perform scheduled call backs to Customers where necessary;
- Stay current with product information, changes and updates
- If necessary, must be able and capable of using all types of personal protective equipment when handling products. This would include but no be limited to: protective gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, dust masks and/or respirators.
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper, pleasant phone etiquette;
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately. Additional language skills are welcomed;
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Skills with relevant software for documenting Customer interactions;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Ability to use a number of products (both water based and solvent based) to gain functional knowledge of the applications and uses for the products;
- Must be able to learn and convey basic technical information regarding the product lines.
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to function within new work structures, processes, requirements, or personnel changes.
- Focuses and guides self in accomplishing work objectives.
- Makes Customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; helping to sustain productive customer relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.