Technical Service Engineer
Location : Ft. Mill, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_Tech
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Global manufacturer of industrial equipment with over 100 years of history delivering best in class products.
- State of the art facility with a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Multiple business lines that support a wide variety of industries across the world.
- Excellent benefits and outstanding opportunities for career advancement.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Provide high level technical support to Field Service Engineers, Sales, and Dealer Networks via phone, email, and/or Skype calls.
- Provide product training to Dealer Networks and end users.
- Create product training material.
- Evaluate and process warranty claims.
- Serve as technical service representative during new product development meetings.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including sales, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Analyze historical trends of failed parts/products, and develop innovative solutions to prevent future incidents.
Required Qualifications :
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
- Experience working hands-on with diesel engines or diesel driven equipment is a must.
- Engineering degree strongly preferred, but will consider candidates with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Background in industrial products, automotive, rotating equipment, and/or thermal dynamics is desired.