Traffic Signal Design Engineer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NAS_Traffic
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : BS
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Responsible for leading signal design plan production, supervising staff for plan production and assisting with marketing clients for all aspects of traffic engineering, with a concentration on signal design services.
- Develop, produce, and review complex signal design plans. Activities shall include the direct oversight and participation in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Provide QA/QC on select signal design plans and signal warrant studies.
- Provide training and guidance for traffic department staff related to signal design and related plans.
- Assisting firm with the marketing of all of our traffic engineering services with an emphasis on growing the signal design backlog.
- Assist the transportation and traffic manager in the development and implementation of divisional goals, objectives, policies and procedures
- Serve as advocate and contact for regional transportation coordination including transportation funding, congestion management, alternative modes, and interagency negotiation
- Work closely with the department manager to plan, organize, and direct department activities and projects related to signal design plans production.
- Develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
Required Qualifications :
- 4-year Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required
- PE/PTOE license preferred
- Experience with signal design and related studies software as well as MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Extensive experience with NCDOT and municipal capacity analysis practices and standards.
#LI-ENG- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering