SUMMARY: We are working with a manufacturer/distributor that is making great progress in doubling their business. The company is in the midst of a significant investment into the Charlotte area and looking to bring on a leader who can be immersed in the details of treasury. The company has an outstanding corporate culture where the emphasis is on the employees.
PURPOSE: The Treasury Analyst position has broad responsibility that includes performing various cash and disbursement activities within the Corporate Treasury function. The role provides analytical support and expertise for the daily treasury activities as well as the development and execution of treasury strategies. The individual will serve on various project teams and will have excellent process improvement, business acumen and technical skills to support a variety of activities.
- Establish the company’s daily cash position, ensuring sufficient funding of disbursement accounts, investment of excess cash or required borrowing amount;
- Prepare and manage the daily and monthly cash forecast, analyze, understand and improve variances;
- Establish and maintain bank account activity;
- Ensure proper internal reporting of cash disbursement transactions;
- Administer the disbursement files, including issuance of payments; ensure that data received from various sources are recorded correctly in the accounts payable database;
- Schedule and prepare disbursements, and coordinate the transmission of data to the bank;
- Facilitate resolution of all cash management issues between Accounting, distribution centers, banks and armored car companies
- Maintain the integrity of the accounts payable database in terms of vendor master files and historical payment data;
- Control payments through positive pay and account reconciliation procedures.
- Review general ledger cash accounts and cash clearing accounts and resolve any un-reconciled differences;
- Oversee proper internal control of cash assets; correspond with banks to initiate or clarify adjustments;
- Provide analytical support and expertise for the development of liquidity strategies and banking structures. Assist in the development of financing activities;
- Prepare journal entries for Treasury transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting for Treasury activities, including debt, interest, cash, equity and commodities hedging
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for Treasury-related accounts
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly presentations for Board and Board committees
- Prepare monthly debt covenant calculations
- Prepare weekly stock reporting
- Support regulatory reporting and compliance, including SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Maintain documentation for financings, letters of credit and guarantees
- Respond to shareholder requests/inquiries
- Assist in continuous improvement and automation of Treasury processes
- Coordinate and issue news releases
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Experience and background in treasury or accounting
- Strong communication skills to coordinate activities internally and externally
- Willingness to identify, embrace and implement process improvement opportunities, including technological enhancements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and aptitude to further develop the internal processes, specifically for cash management and disbursements.