The Warehouse Manager is a player/coach who is charged with managing people and processes for shipping & receiving. Oversee workflow is safe, efficient, accurate and cost effective projects. The primary focus of this position is to lead all aspects of distribution center operations in a way that we consistently and reliably deliver product on time and in full to our customer base.
- Responsible for the successful day to day operation of all DC functions: receiving, auditing, inventory management, picking, packing, shipping and the associated ERP activity.
- Managing daily activities in a manner that creates a safe work environment for all Associates, is efficient and precise in execution.
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of Lean processes in the DC
- Manage daily outbound shipments from a stand-alone distribution center, including small package, LTL, and TL carriers.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Responsible for unload/put-away and outbound shipments.
- Interact with outside customers, 3rd party freight carriers, customer service, and manufacturing (Charlotte, NC) to manage outbound shipments.
- Enforce best practices, safe work habits, and 5S projects.
- KPI’s include Safety, On-Time Shipment %, Shipping Errors, and Labor Costs.
- Provide a hands-on approach.