Wastewater Program Manager
This role provides an opportunity to lead experienced water and wastewater projects and to be a part of a growing water and wastewater business in North Carolina. As a Wastewater Program Manager, you will have the chance to use your technical experience to manage projects, and mentor/direct staff on exciting and engaging water infrastructure projects. Working with other members of our team, you’ll provide management and technical oversight onsite local program team, delivering water distribution and sanitary sewer collection system projects for key water utilities in metro-Charlotte. Your responsibilities may include the following:
• Overseeing contractors, engineering consultants, coordinating with various stakeholders and managing a program team.
• Provide project management, client relationships, team leadership, and mentoring of junior-level staff.
• Manage multi-discipline projects that include preparation of studies, design and construction contract documents
• Effectively lead projects and the project team including engineering disciplines from various company offices and sub-consultants.
• Experience and qualification requirements:
• Project management, staff management, and business development experience is required
• Will need to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Project management and engineering and design experience of water and wastewater collection and distribution projects is required.
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams on complex infrastructure projects
• Recent experience working with clients in the NC market is preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of related work experience
• B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical discipline
• Licensed professional engineer (PE) in North Carolina or ability to gain reciprocity within 6 months (Preferred but not mandatory ).
• Background in at least one of the following areas: water/wastewater design, construction inspection and administration, field services, as well as general Project Management responsibilities.
• Experience working with municipal water and wastewater collection systems (sewer) in engineering roles
• Experience in serving various clients involving a wide variety of fields including water, wastewater, water resources, consulting, design, and construction services