Worker's Compensation Specialist
Providing technical and clerical support to the Underwriting team. Areas of responsibility include evaluating agency inquiries and providing appropriate responses, while educating agencies on the functionality of the company’s system and business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide internal and external customer service by responding to customer needs, identifying solutions to problems, and providing assistance to other team members and other internal disciplines.
- Evaluate agency inquiries that come from various communication channels including internal staff and external customers.
- Provide appropriate responses to those inquiries using standard responses. Standard responses will not only address the inquiry but will provide additional guidance for future, similar inquiries.
- Work with minimal supervision to meet assigned deadlines and service level agreements.
- Work as part of a team to prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks, meeting both productivity and quality standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of workers’ compensation insurance and insurance carrier/independent agency relationships
- Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine correspondence. Average English grammar, spelling and business math skills required.
- Demonstrate ability to understand both Bureau/State guidelines and compliance regulations.
- Proficient in the use and knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn and use internal systems including document retention and policy management programs
- Demonstrate flexibility; ability to change priorities quickly and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of business office practices and procedures.